Good Food for the Holidays HAF Toolkit
This practical toolkit has been designed by a team of public health nutritionists from leading public health charity Food Active. The resource is designed to support delivery organisations for the Holiday Activities and Food (HAF) Programme to provide healthy, delicious meals and a range of engaging food and nutrition activities over the summer months.
The expansion of the HAF programme nationally means there are thousands of new providers across the country, and whilst some may have lots of experience in providing tasty and nutritious food that meets School Food Standards, others may appreciate some additional support, guidance and signposting on the topic.
Key themes & attributes:
- 110-page document with significant navigation embedded to help providers navigate their way through key sections with ease
- The School Food Standards, how to apply these and opportunities to develop the food offer within your provision further
- Exploring fussy eating and how to encourage children to try new foods
- Special dietary requirements, including food allergens, special diets and religious customs
- Food skills for HAF providers – reading food labels, menu planning and budgeting
- Meal ideas and recipes for both hot food provision and those who may have little/no kitchen facilities
- Creative ideas for undertaking the nutrition education element of HAF, plus how to engage with parents and carers on healthy eating
- A range of supporting resources including an audit and check tool.
For more information, contact:
Copyright and Licensing
Copyright ©2021 Health Equalities Group. All rights reserved barring photo credits stated. This document may not be copied or duplicated in whole or part by any means without express prior agreement in writing.
Purchase of this document is by way of a licensing agreement where one unit purchased equals a single licence. The single use licence is non-transferable outside of the purchasing organisation. You can read the Food Active Intellectual Property Licensing Agreement below.
Accessing the Toolkit PDF
Once your purchase is complete, you will receive an order confirmation email which includes:
- the Download link so you download the password-protected PDF
- the password so you can open the password-protected PDF
- confirmation of the number of licences you have purchased.
Please note: The PDF can be downloaded once per licence purchased.
You can forward the order confirmation email to each licence holder as necessary so they can download their copy of the PDF.